This is a slow cooker recipe using Italian sausage and ground beef, along with mostaccioli pasta or penne.
- 1 pound Italian sausage, mild or sweet
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) tomatoes with juice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. dried sweet basil
- 16 ounces Mostaccioli or penne
Brown sausage and hamburger and drain off grease. Combine all ingredients, except pasta, in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours, adding a little water near the end, if needed. Cook pasta in boiling water until tender. Drain and serve hot pasta with sauce.