A homemade barbecue sauce flavors this easy crockpot dish.
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 4 to 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 to 3 teaspoons liquid smoke (optional)
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 (15 oz.) can butter beans or lima beans, drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can pork and beans, undrained
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
Brown the ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat; drain well. Place the ground beef in a 3 1/2 to 4-quart quart slow cooker. In the same frying pan, fry the bacon pieces and onion over medium-low heat, until the bacon is cooked and the onion is tender. Add to the ground beef and mix well. Add the remaining ingredients to the cooker and stir to combine. Cover the slow cooker and cook on low from 4 to 9 hours.