Taco seasoning mix adds great flavor to this easy slow cooker dish.
- 1 (14 1/2 oz.) can tomatoes
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. ground red pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 can tomato paste (6 oz)
- 1 lb. lean ground beef, browned
- 1 pkg. dry taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 9 corn tortillas
To make sauce, whirl tomatoes with onion and garlic in blender. Pour in medium saucepan. Add pepper, salt and tomato paste. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes. Place 3 tortillas in bottom of slow cooker. Layer on tortillas 1/3 of ground beef, 1/3 tomato sauce and 1/3 Cheddar cheese, then 3 more tortillas. Repeat each layer 2 more times, ending with cheese. Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours.