- 1 pound lean ground beef, 90% or leaner
- 3 cups sliced potatoes
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning blend
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed under running water
In a large skillet sprayed with cooking spray, brown the ground beef. Meanwhile, in a slow cooker, combine potatoes, celery, carrots, and onion. Spoon browned meat over vegetables. In a small bowl, combine tomatoes, tomato sauce, and Italian seasoning. Evenly pour sauce over meat. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
Add peas 1 hour before done. Mix well before serving.