This easy stuffed cabbage cooks in the slow cooker.
- 8 to 12 large cabbage leaves
- 1 to 1 1/2 pound very lean ground beef
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 can condensed tomato soup
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- salt and pepper, to taste
Pour boiling water over cabbage leaves and let stand for 5 minutes, until somewhat wilted. Combine ground beef with egg, pepper, salt, rice, and chopped onion. Roll a portion of the filling into each leaf. Secure rolls with toothpicks. Place in slow cooker. Combine tomato soup and tomatoes; pour over cabbage rolls. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cover and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours.