This American chop suey is an easy one dish meal to prepare on a busy weekend day or any day. The ground beef mixture slowly cooks, then the cooked macaroni is added just before serving time. Serve this with biscuits and a tossed salad for a hearty and flavorful meal.
Cook Time: 5 hours
Total Time: 5 hours
Yield: Serves 4
- 1 to 1 1/2 pound ground chuck (lean ground beef)
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded process cheese
- 1 can (6oz) tomato paste
- 1 can (15oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups cooked macaroni (about 1 cup uncooked)
In a non-stick skillet, brown the ground beef with onion and green pepper.
Drain; transfer to slow cooker/Crock Pot. Add seasonings, cheese, tomato paste, and tomatoes; stir to combine. Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours. Stir in hot cooked macaroni 10 minutes before serving.
Meg's Crockpot Lasagna
Ness's Crockpot Lasagna
Crockpot Shells and Ground Beef