Cook Time: 9 hours
Total Time: 9 hours
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large (28 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 large (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 small (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 1 cup of dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon of dried oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon of dried basil
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3 garlic minced garlic cloves
- 1 tsp dried leaf oregano
- 1 tsp dried leaf basil
- 1/2 cup of Romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 egg
Lightly brown garlic and green pepper in 4 tablespoons of olive oil in a heavy frying pan on the stove. Transfer to crockpot. Add tomatoes, puree, red wine, oregano, basil, salt and sugar.
Mix meatball ingredients thoroughly and form into meatballs. You can either bake these (about 20 minutes in a foil lined baking pan at 375°) or sauté them in 2 tablespoons of olive oil, turning frequently, until browned.
Add the meatballs to the sauce and scrape any drippings into the sauce. Stir well and cover. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. Serve over hot cooked pasta with Italian bread and more grated Romano.
Shared by Bonkers