Cook Time: 9 hours
Total Time: 9 hours
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large (28 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 large (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 small (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 1 cup of dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon of dried oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon of dried basil
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3 garlic minced garlic cloves
- 1 tsp dried leaf oregano
- 1 tsp dried leaf basil
- 1/2 cup of Romano cheese
- 1 tblsp dried parsley
- 1 egg
Mix meatball ingredients thoroughly and form into meatballs. You can either bake these (about 20 minutes in a foil lined baking pan at 375°) or sauté them in 2 tablespoons of olive oil, turning frequently, until browned.
Add the meatballs to the sauce and scrape any drippings into the sauce. Stir well and cover.
Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. Serve over hot cooked pasta with Italian bread and more grated Romano.
Spaghetti and meatballs recipe shared by Bonkers