- 1 (10 ounces) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and moisture squeezed out
- 3 eggs
- 2 slices bread, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chuck
- 1 small onion, grated or finely minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
Beat eggs and mix with bread, parsley, cheese, salt, pepper, and garlic. Add meat, spinach and onion, mixing well. Shape into 1-inch meatballs, roll in flour and brown in skillet in hot olive oil. Remove meatballs, and in the same pan add the beef broth and wine. Boil until reduced about 1/2. Add oregano. Put meatballs in the slow cooker and pour sauce over them.
Cook for 2 to 4 hours on low.