Serve these meatballs as an appetizer, or serve with rice or potatoes.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup cracker crumbs or fine dry bread crumbs
- 3 to 4 tablespoons brandy
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion or 2 to 3 tablespoons grated onion
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup water
Mix the first 4 ingredients and shape into meatballs; brown in a heavy skillet in a little oil or butter. Put into crockpot. Combine the last 5 ingredients and pour over meatballs and cook for 5 to 6 hours.