Serve this great tasting meatball stew with biscuits or crusty rolls.
- 2 tablespoons minced dried onion
- 1/2 cup fine dry bread crumbs, plain or seasoned
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- salt and pepper, about 1/4 tsp. each, or to taste
- 1 1/2 to 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 to 5 medium red potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 or 2 carrots, sliced about 1/2-inch thick
- 2 ribs celery, chopped, or 1 1/2 tablespoons dried celery flakes
- 1 medium onion, chopped coarsely
- 1 can (10oz) cream of mushroom soup (can use Healthy Request or other low-fat)
- 1 can (10oz) tomato soup
Mix eggs with dried onion, bread crumbs, Worcester sauce, and salt and pepper. Blend meat in and mix thoroughly. Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Form meat mixture into meatballs about 1 1/2 to 2 inches in diameter; brown on all sides in hot oil. While meatballs are browning, place the potatoes, carrots, and celery in a Crock Pot (3 1/2-quart or larger). Using a slotted spoon or spatula, place browned meatballs on the vegetables. Quickly brown the onions and add to the Crock Pot. Pour soups over all; cover and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours (3 1/2 to 5 on high). Taste and adjust seasonings before serving.
Serves 4 to 6.
Easy Crockpot Meatballs
Sweet and Sour Meatballs
Lean Turkey Meatballs