This tasty meatball stew makes an easy weekday meal. Add crusty bread or biscuits for a satisfying dinner.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- few sprigs parsley, chopped, or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 tsp. marjoram
- 1/4 tsp. basil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 to 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 small carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pound green beans, cut in 1 1/2" lengths
- 1 can (1 pound) stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup water
Mix beef, garlic powder, 1 teaspoon of salt, the parsley, herbs, egg, and bread crumbs. Shape beef mixture into 12 meatballs and brown on all sides
in a skillet in hot oil (or bake in oven for 20 to 30 minutes). Put carrots, potatoes, onion and green beans in slow cooker. Sprinkle
with salt and pepper. Add meatballs. Mix tomatoes and water; pour over
top. Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours.
Makes 6 servings.
Beefy Chuckwagon Soup
Cousin's Meatball Stew