- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/4 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 cup cracker crumbs or fine dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1 cup milk
- 6 to 8 small potatoes, halved or quartered
A Few Meatloaf-Making TipsMore
For more flavor and a juicier meatloaf, add about 1/4 cup of tomato juice, wine, or broth for each pound of meat.
Bake in muffin tins or mini-loaf pans for individual servings.
Use leftovers sliced in sandwiches or crumbled in sauces or chili.
Replace some of the liquid in the recipe with red wine or dark beer.
Add a cup of grated or shredded cheese to the meatloaf and top with more cheese about 10 minutes before it's done.
Vegetable Soup Meatloaf
Slow Cooker Meatloaf with Sour Cream Mushroom Sauce
Meatloaf With Sour Cream
Turkey Meatloaf Recipe
Grandma's Meat Loaf