This recipe is easy to prepare with sliced potatoes, cream cheese, Cheddar, and seasonings.
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 medium clove garlic, crushed and finely minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 to 10 medium potatoes, sliced*
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, optional
Spray slow cooker with non-stick butter flavor cooking spray. In a small bowl or cup, combine onion, garlic, salt, and
pepper. Layer about 1/4 of the sliced potatoes in bottom of slow cooker. Sprinkle
with about 1/4 of the onion and garlic mixture. Layer with about 1/3 of the cream cheese cubes. Repeat layers, ending with seasonings.
Cover and cook on HIGH 3 to 4 hours, until potatoes are tender. In last 20 to 30 minutes of cooking, stir
potatoes to distribute cream cheese. Potatoes can be partially mashed at this point. If desired, top with 1/2 cup of shredded mild Cheddar cheese. Cover and continue to cook, about 10 minutes, just until melted. Serve when potatoes are tender.
* Substitute 1 bag (32 ounces) frozen hash brown potatoes for sliced potatoes and prepare as directed. Cook on HIGH 2 hours or LOW for 4 to 5 hours.
More Scalloped Potatoes
Scalloped Potatoes with Ham
Scalloped Potatoes with Ham II
Scalloped Potatoes with Cheese
Scalloped Potatoes with Onions
Beverly's Crockpot Scalloped Potatoes
Cheddar Scalloped Potatoes
Easy Scalloped Potatoes
Scalloped Potatoes with Leeks
Scalloped Potatoes with Ham III
Ham Recipes Index
Main Dish Casseroles
Hash Brown Recipes
Slow Cooker Recipes | Casseroles | Main Recipe Index
Weekly Crockpot Recipe Newsletter