- one beef pot roast of your choice
- 1 box, (2 envelopes) Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- baby carrots
- new potatoes
- 2 cups water
Thicken the gravy with a little flour or cornstarch which has been mixed with cold water. If you are really on the ball, when you put the roast on, put a batch of bread in the bread maker and set the timer so they will be finished at the same time. When you get home, all you need to do is fix a salad and dinner is done.
Pot roast recipe shared by Diane
Tip: The juices tend to be watery by the end of the cooking time, so when the roast is done, keep it warm and pour juices into a medium saucepan. Bring the juices to a boil and simmer briskly until reduced and more flavorful, about 8 to 10 minutes.
To thicken, combine 2 teaspoons of cornstarch or flour with a few tablespoons of cold water. Mix until smooth and stir into the simmering juices. Serve the gravy or juices with the sliced pot roast.
You Might Also Like
- Country Pot Roast with Gravy
- Perfect Pot Roast
- Braised Bottom Round Roast
- Harvest Pot Roast With Vegetables
- Beer-Braised Pot Roast, Slow Cooker
- Pot Roast With Garlic and Thyme