This is an easy budget meal to prepare and cook in the slow cooker. Serve this flavorful combination with crusty rolls or homemade bread for a satisfying family dinner.
Cook Time: 5 hours
Total Time: 5 hours
- 2 pounds sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 2 pounds kielbasa, sliced in 1-inch pieces
- 2 large tart apples, cored, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup apple juice
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash black pepper
In the insert of a 5- to 7-quart slow cooker, combine the sauerkraut, kielbasa, apples, and onion. In a large cup combine the juice, brown sugar, mustard, salt, and pepper. Pour over the sauerkraut mixture and stir to blend ingredients. Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 7 hours or on HIGH for 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours.
Serves 6 to 8.