This is an easy soup to prepare and cook in the crockpot, and it's the perfect meal for a cold fall or winter day. Serve with crackers for a great lunch or dinner.
Yield: Serves 4 to 6
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed potato soup
- 1 small jar pimientos, chopped, about 2 tablespoons
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) clam juice
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 can (12 to 15 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped dried onion
- 2 cans (about 5 to 6 ounces each) flaked tuna, drained
- 1 cup light cream or half-and-half
- salt and pepper, to taste
In a slow cooker, combine the soups, pimientos, clam juice, parsley, corn, and onion. Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 5 hours. Add the cream, tuna, and add salt and pepper, to taste. Cook for 1 hour longer, or until hot. Serves 4 to 6.