Taco seasoning and similar spices flavor this hearty, beefy taco soup. Top this delicious slow cooker soup with tortilla chips or strips, or garnish with shredded cheese or sour cream.
Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cook Time: 6 hours
Total Time: 6 hours, 12 minutes
Yield: Serves 8 to 10
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 green or red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapeno pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, chili beans, or more black beans, undrained
- 1 cup beef broth or vegetable broth
- 1 can or jar (8 ounces) taco sauce or tomato sauce
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
- 1 cup corn kernels, canned or frozen
- salt and pepper, to taste
In a large skillet, cook the ground beef with the onion and peppers, stirring frequently, until the beef is no longer pink. Transfer to the slow cooker insert (3 1/2- to 6-quart is fine). Add the two cans of beans, taco sauce or tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, taco seasoning, garlic powder, cumin, oregano and corn.
Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours, or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
Serves 8 to 10.
You Might Also Like
This taco soup is a spicy mixture of ingredients, cooked on the stovetop. Ranch dressing mix helps to flavor this tasty soup.
This is a similar recipe for taco soup, made with kidney beans and Rotel tomatoes.
Serve this cheeseburger soup as a hearty supper dish with rolls and a salad, or serve a cup with half a sandwich for a satisfying lunch.