This soup is easy to prepare in the slow cooker. Serve with hot baked biscuits.
- 1 jar (12 ounce) country gravy (Heinz Home-Style or similar)
- 1 can cream of celery soup (98% fat free)
- 8 to 16 ounces fresh or frozen asparagus
- 6 to 8 ounces ham, cut in 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- pepper to taste
- salt to taste
Combine all ingredients, except salt, in slow cooker or crockpot; cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours. Taste and add salt if necessaryand thin with milk if needed. Serve as soup or spoon over hot biscuit or pastry shells.