- 6 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 ribs celery, thinly sliced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups cream or half-and-half
- real bacon bits or sliced green onions, optional
Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 hours, or until vegetables are tender.
Stir together flour and cream or half-and-half; stir into soup. Cover and cook 30
minutes longer or until hot. If desired, sprinkle bacon bits or green onions over each serving.
Makes about 2 quarts