Delicious fig bars.
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup finely chopped dried figs
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, optional
In a large mixing bowl, using a hand held electric mixer, cream butter and brown sugar. Add eggs, grated lemon peel, and vanilla; beat well. Into a separate bowl, sift flour, baking powder, and salt; gradually blend into the creamed mixture. Stir in chopped figs and the chopped nuts, if using. Pour into greased 13X9X2-inch baking pan. Bake fig bars at 350° for 25 minutes. Cool; cut into bars.
Makes 24 to 32 fig bars.