Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup finely chopped figs, fresh or dried
Mix together flour, ground almonds, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, and salt.
Beat together sugar and oil until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
With electric hand held mixer at low speed, beat flour into egg mixture a little at a time, alternating with orange juice. Stir in figs. Spoon batter into prepared baking pan; smooth top.
Bake cake at 350° for about 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool fig cake in pan on rack for about 5 minutes; remove from pan to rack to cool completely.