Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup dried figs, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pecan halves
Preheat oven to 375°.
Sift flour with baking powder and salt. In a mixing bowl cream shortening, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and egg. Add vanilla and continue to beat until creamy. Gradually add flour mixture, then fig mixture, blending well. Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of cookie dough onto greased baking sheets, spacing about 1-inch apart, then press a pecan half into the center of each. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or just until lightly browned.
Makes about 2 1/2 to 3 dozen fig cookies.