- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chilled whipping cream
- 1 can cherry pie filling
Combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter and press into an 8- X 8-inch pan or glass dish; chill.
Beat the cream cheese until fluffy; add confectioners' sugar and vanilla then beat until smooth.
Whip cream and fold into the cream cheese mixture.
Spread the cream cheese mixture on chilled graham cracker crust and spoon cherry pie filling over all.
Cover with wax paper and put in freezer. Before frozen, cut into squares; return to freezer. Remove dessert or individual squares from freezer 25 to 30 minutes before serving.