Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: Serves 8
- 12 slices of bread
- 8 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups raspberries, cleaned and picked over
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
In the prepared baking dish, arrange the bread in layers, cutting in half as necessary for coverage.
In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, granulated sugar, vanilla, and milk. Pour over the bread. Cover the baking dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 6 to 8 hours or overnight.
Heat oven to 375°.
Remove the cover from the baking dish and sprinkle raspberries evenly over the soaked bread.
Combine the butter, flour, and brown sugar; blend with a fork until well combined. Sprinkle evenly over the berry layer.
Bake, uncovered, for 40 to 50 minutes, or until puffed and browned. Cut into squares to serve. Pass the syrup!