Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- 1 bag (16 ounces) frozen sliced peaches, thawed
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Pain Perdu
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 thick slices brioche style bread or similar loaf bread
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk or half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
Beat the eggs with the milk or half-and-half and granulated sugar. Dip the bread slices in the egg mixture one at a time, letting the mixture soak into the bread.
In a large skillet or griddle, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat.
Add the soaked bread slices and cook for about 3 minutes on each side, until nicely browned.
Serve hot with maple syrup or a generous sprinkling of confectioners' sugar, along with the warm peaches.