- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup sorghum molasses or regular molasses
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, well beaten
Sift flour, baking soda, and salt together. Add cooled molasses and sugar mixture; stir until well blended. Stir in well-beaten eggs.
Pour into a generously greased and floured 9-x12-inch baking pan. Bake in a preheated
350° oven for about 25 to 35 minutes.
Makes 1 pan of gingerbread. Serve warm or cooled, with whipped cream or dessert sauce.
Hot Water Gingerbread
Gingerbread with Sour Cream
Gingerbread with Cream Cheese Topping
Gingerbread Recipe Index
Spice Cake Recipes
Dessert Recipe Index
Cake Recipe Index