- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup purchased salsa or picante sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf oregano, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
Cut each flattened chicken breast into strips about 1-inch in width. Place chicken strips in a glass baking dish or nonreactive shallow container.
Combine remaining ingredients; pour over chicken. Cover and chill chicken in marinade for 1 to 2 hours.
Thread chicken onto metal skewers or well-soaked wooden skewers. Grill over hot coals for 6 to 8 minutes, turning a few times and basting with remaining marinade. Serve with additional salsa, if desired.
- Easy Chicken Breast Recipes
- 50 Easy Chicken Recipes
- Easy Chicken Recipes for the Slow Cooker
You Might Also Like
- Grilled Chicken with Homemade Barbecue Sauce
- Lime Grilled Chicken
- Grilled Chicken with Honey Mustard Glaze
- Rosemary Grilled Chicken
- Grilled Lemonade Chicken
- Barbecue Sauce for Chicken