- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup purchased salsa or picante sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf oregano, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
Cut each flattened chicken breast into strips about 1-inch in width. Place chicken strips in a glass baking dish or nonreactive shallow container.
Combine remaining ingredients; pour over chicken. Cover and chill chicken in marinade for 1 to 2 hours.
Thread chicken onto metal skewers or well-soaked wooden skewers. Grill over hot coals for 6 to 8 minutes, turning a few times and basting with remaining marinade. Serve with additional salsa, if desired.
Grilled Chicken with Homemade Barbecue Sauce
Lime Grilled Chicken
Grilled Chicken with Honey Mustard Glaze
Grilled Chicken with Melon
Rosemary Grilled Chicken
Grilled Lemonade Chicken
Barbecue Sauce for Chicken
Easy Barbecue Sauce
Chicken Breast Recipes
Chicken Recipe Index