- 1 pound ground pork, or boneless country style ribs, minced/ground in a food processor
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, mimced
- 1 can (about 14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes with green chile peppers or jalapeno peppers
- 2 cans (about 14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 to 2 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper, or to taste, optional
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, small red beans, or pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups beer
- 1 cup water
Simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour, stirring frequently. Cover and simmer for about 1 hour longer.
This chili is delicious with fresh baked cornbread and a tossed salad.
Makes about 8 servings of chili.
Similar Recipes for ChiliBasic Slow Cooker Chili
Chili Con Carne with Beef
Pinto Bean Chili
Easy Ground Beef Chili