Serve this tasty easy chili recipe with freshly baked cornbread or biscuits.
- 2 pounds ground round or ground chuck
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) pinto beans or kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes
- 1 green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- cornbread, crackers, or crusty bread
- shredded cheese, optional
Brown ground beef with onions; drain off excess fat. Combine beef and onions with remaining ingredients in slow cooker. Stir to blend. Cover and cook on LOW for 9 to 11 hours. Serve with cornbread or crackers, or a great crusty bread and top with some shredded Cheddar or Jack cheese, if desired.
Serves 8 to 10.
Crockpot Black Bean Chili Recipe
Pinto Bean Chili
Game Day Chili
Chili Con Carne