This hamburger stew recipe was shared on our forum.
- 1 1/2 lb. hamburger, browned, drained (add water to cover meat)
- 1 med. onion
- 6 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 6 med. potatoes, peeled and cut up
- 1 clove chopped garlic or 1 tsp.
- garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. Gravy Master or Kitchen Bouquet
- 1 tbsp. instant beef bouillon
- 2 tablespoons flour mixed with 2 tablespoons of water
Put all ingredients in a large saucepan or stockpot. Add water to cover vegetables. Cover and simmer lightly 30-45 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Mix 2 tablespoons of flour with a little cold water to thicken soup, if desired.