Yield: Makes about 1 Dozen
- 2 pounds ground turkey breast
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 can (about 15 ounces) refried beans
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped mild green chile peppers
- 1 or 2 tablespoons finely chopped jalapeno peppers, optional
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
- 10 to 12 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
Heat tortillas according to package directions. Arrange 2 to 3 tablespoons of cheese in the center of a tortilla. Top with about 1/2 cup of the turkey mixture. Roll up, tucking ends in. Repeat with the remaining burritos. Serve warm topped with salsa and more cheese or other toppings, as desired.
Wrap leftover burritos in foil, put them in a food storage bag, and freeze. Reheating is easy either in the oven or microwave.