Yield: Makes 12 small (3-inch) burgers
- 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey breast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 green onions (scallions), finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup fine bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf sage
- 1/4 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
Combine all ingredients until well blended.
Put a cooling rack in a large foil-lined baking pan or roasting pan. Spray the rack lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Shape the turkey burgers into large or small burgers and arrange on the rack.
Bake for 40 minutes, until cooked through. Depending on the size of the burgers, this could take from 30 to 45 minutes.
Serve on buns with, avocado slices, remoulade sauce, and tomato slices, or your favorite toppings.