Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 25 minutes
Yield: Serves 6
- 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 pounds ground turkey, 85% to 90% lean
- 3/4 cup chili sauce or ketchup, divided
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon ground poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
In a mixing bowl, combine the ground turkey with the egg, bread crumbs, onion, poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper. Add 1/2 cup of the chili sauce or ketchup. Reserve the remaining chili sauce or ketchup for topping.
Mix the ground turkey mixture until well blended. Pack into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 1 hour. Top with the reserved chili sauce or ketchup and bake for 10 minutes longer. Let the meatloaf rest for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing.