- 4 halibut fillets, about 1 1/2 pounds
- 2 to 3 tablespoons melted butter
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 to 6 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 4 to 6 green onions, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt or Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic seasoned pepper or other pepper blend
Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, make mushroom sauce. In a saucepan, heat butter over medium-low heat; add mushrooms. Cook, stirring frequently, until mushrooms are golden brown and tender. Add green onions. Add flour, stirring until well blended. Gradually stir in chicken broth and milk until smooth. Add sherry and seasonings. Contine cooking, stirring constantly, until sauce is thickened and bubbly.
Serve halibut with sauce. Serves 4.
This recipe can be easily halved for 2, or cook 2 halibut fillets and freeze half of the sauce for another meal.