- 4 halibut fillets, about 6 to 8 ounces each
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- lemon slices
- parsley leaves
In a small saucepan, combine butter, garlic, and herbs. Heat over low heat until butter is melted and garlic is softened, about 1 to 2 minutes. Spoon butter mixture over each fillet. If making ahead, cover the pan and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours, or until ready to cook.
Heat broiler. Broil halibut for about 10 minutes, or until it flakes easily when tested with a fork. Garnish with parsley leaves and lemon slices, if desired.