Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 Servings
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (about 10 ounces) red enchilada sauce
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounce) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can (10 1/4 ounce) cream of chicken soup
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chile peppers
- 1 cup milk
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 package (about 7 ounces) tortilla chips, coarsely crumbled
- 8 ounces grated Cheddar cheese or Mexican cheese blend
- 1 can (4 ounce) chopped ripe olives
Preheat oven to 375° Lightly grease a 9x13x2-inch baking dish.
In a large skillet, brown ground beef with onion; remove from heat and drain off excess fat. Add chili sauce, soups, chopped chile peppers, milk, and minced garlic; mix well.
In a the prepared baking dish, place a layer of half the coarsely crumbled tortilla chips; top with half of the ground beef mixture and half of the cheese. Layer with remaining crumbled tortilla chips, then remaining meat mixture. Sprinkle the remaining cheese and chopped black olives over top. Bake at 375° for 35 to 40 minutes.
Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Serves 6 to 8
You Might Also Like
Chili Mac With Black Beans
Ziti Casserole With Ground Beef and Mushrooms
Quick and Easy Tex-Mex Beef and Rice Bake
Tex-Mex Macaroni and Ground Beef Casserole
Easy Burrito Casserole
Chili Nacho Bake
Southwestern-Style Beef and Potato Bake
Tamale Pie With Cheese Cornmeal Topping
Easy Beef and Bean Bake