Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: Serves 12
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 10 tablespoons melted butter, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces each) cream of celery soup
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces each) cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onion
- 8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup soft fresh breadcrumbs
In a large bowl, combine the thawed potatoes, 8 tablespoons of the melted butter, salt, pepper, sour cream, soups, onion, and 1 1/2 cups of the shredded cheese.
Spread the mixture in the prepared baking dish.
In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs with the remaining 2 tablespoons of melted butter until well blended.
Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the casserole, then top with the buttered breadcrumbs.
Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, until hot and lightly browned.
Serves 10 to 12.