Yield: Makes about 2 1/2 Cups
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 to 3 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons orange extract
- 1 heaping tablespoon finely grated orange zest
- 3 to 4 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- a few drops orange food coloring, if desired
Makes about 2 1/2 cups of frosting, enough for at least 24 cupcakes and a two layer cake.
Fluffy Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting
This is a delicious frosting with rich caramel flavor, and it's very easy to prepare. This recipe, using light or regular cream cheese, makes enough for 2 dozen cupcakes or a 2 layer cake. It is easily halved if you want to frost a small 1-layer cake, a loaf cake, or a dozen cupcakes.
Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
This is a delicious frosting for vanilla or chocolate cupcakes, made simply with melted chocolate, butter, and confectioners' sugar.
Fluffy Cocoa Frosting
This is a cooked frosting, made with a thickened milk mixture, so it's lighter on sugar than many frostings. This is a delicious frosting for cakes or cupcakes.
Easy Penuche Frosting
This cooked frosting is a fudgy candy-like mixture, delicious on cupcakes, cakes, or cookies.