- 8 (approx. 3 1/2-inch size) frozen tart shells (mini pie shells)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons key lime juice, fresh or bottled
- 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons finely grated lemon or lime zest
- dash salt
- whipped cream or whipped topping
- lime slices, strawberries, or other sliced fruits, for garnish
Meanwhile, Whisk together the eggs, sugar, flour, key lime juice, zest, and salt. Spoon or ladle filling into the partially baked shells. Bake until custard is set, about 25 to 30 minutes.
Cool completely or serve slightly warm with ice cream or whipped cream. A few ripe blackberries or strawberries make a pretty garnish for this dessert.
Makes 8 servings. These tarts may be frozen.
More Key Lime Recipes
Key Lime Pie with Meringue Topping
Key Lime Pie with Whipped Topping
Key Lime Pie from Jack
Sande's Key Lime Pie
Key Lime Cake
Key Lime Cheesecake
Dessert Recipes Index