Serve this creamed turkey over toast or puff pastry shells. Here's a large photo
of the creamed turkey recipe.
Yield: Serves 6
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or more milk
- 1 to 2 tablespoons drained pimiento
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup frozen peas, cooked
- 3 cups diced cooked turkey
- salt and pepper, to taste
Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the mushrooms and cook until browned. Add the flour and stir until well absorbed. Slowly add the milk and broth, stirring constantly. Cook, stirring, until thickened. Add the remaining ingredients and cook until hot.