Yield: Serves 4
- 1 package (about 14 ounces) refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 1/2 cups diced cooked turkey
- 1/3 cup cold turkey gravy
- 3/4 cup cold seasoned mashed potatoes
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 3/4 cup leftover dressing
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg white beaten with 1 teaspoon water
- leftover cranberry sauce
On a lightly floured surface, roll each pastry round to about 12-inches. Cut out 3 6-inch rounds, then roll the remaining scraps out to cut out 1 more 6-inch round. Repeat with the remaining pastry sheet.
In a small bowl, combine the turkey with the gravy; set aside.
Combine the mashed potatoes with parsley in another small bowl.
On each 6-inch round, mound about 1 1/2 tablespoons of mashed potatoes. Top with about 1 tablespoon of dressing, then about 2 to 3 tablespoons of the turkey mixture. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Wet the edges with water, fold over, and seal with the tines of a fork. Cut a few slits in the top of each empanada and arrange on a parchment or silicone lined baking sheet.
Beat egg white with 1 teaspoon water and brush each empanada lightly with the mixture. Bake for about 12 to 14 minutes, until nicely browned.
Serve with cranberry sauce.