Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: Serves 6
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small red bell pepper or poblano, seeds removed, diced
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- dash salt
- 1 cup diced roasted turkey
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar Jack or Pepper Jack cheese, divided
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Saute the bell pepper or poblano and the green onions for about 3 minutes, until tender. Stir in the cilantro, if using; set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk; add flour, baking powder, and a dash of salt and continue whisking until smooth. Stir in the cooked vegetables, the turkey, and about 2/3 cup of the cheese. Pour into the prepared pie plate. Top with tomato slices, sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper, then top with the remaining shredded cheese.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until set.