- 1 can (15 1/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (15 1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, liquids reserved
- 1 can (15 1/4 ounces) lima beans, drained
- 1 cup half-and-half or light cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled saltines, divided
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion or grated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento, drained
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack or Cheddar Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
Combine the cream-style corn, whole kernel corn, and lima beans in a large bowl.
Whisk the eggs with the half-and-half or cream and 1/2 cup of the liquid from the corn. If you don't have 1/2 cup of liquid, add water to make 1/2 cup.
Combine the two mixtures and stir in 1 cup of the crumbled crackers, the minced onion, pepper, and pimiento. Spoon into the prepared baking dish. Top with the shredded cheese. Combine the remaining 1/2 cup of crumbs with the butter and sprinkle evenly over the cheese layer.
Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until firm and lightly browned. Serves 8 to 10.
More Succotash Recipes
Succotash with Fresh Lima Beans
Creamy Succotash Recipe
Succotash with Okra
Succotash with Garlic
Lima Bean Recipe Index
Side Dish Casseroles