Prep Time: 7 minutes
Cook Time: 33 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: Serves 4 to 6
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni, about 2 cups
- salt and pepper (about 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper)
- 8 ounces Cheddar cheese blend or similar blend of cheeses
- 1 1/4 cups light cream or half-and-half
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut in small pieces
Cook macaroni following package directions. Drain in a colander and rinse with hot water.
Scoop about 2 cups of the drained macaroni into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with about 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/8 teaspoon of pepper, then top with about half of the cheese. Layer the remaining macaroni on the cheese layer and sprinkle with another 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/8 teaspoon of pepper. Top with the remaining cheese and dot with the butter. Pour the cream over all and bake for about 25 minutes.
Serves 4 to 6.