Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 to 1 cup buttered fresh bread crumbs*
Continue layers until all ingredients are used, ending with a cheese layer.
Whisk milk and egg together, pour over the top, cover with buttered bread crumbs, and bake in a 350° oven for 25 to 35 minutes, until browned and cooked through.
Serves 4 to 6.
*Process 2 slices of bread in the food processor; toss with 2 to 3 teaspoons of butter.
- Classic Baked Macaroni and Cheese
- Family Favorite Macaroni and Cheese
- Simple Macaroni and Cheese
- Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
- Andouille Mac 'n Cheese
- Macaroni and Cheese with Bacon
- Quick and Easy Nacho Macaroni and Cheese
- Macaroni and Cheese Bake