- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces small shell macaroni, uncooked
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- paprka, optional
Meanwhile, cook the shells in boiling salted water as directed on package. Drain well and add to the sauce mixture, blending well. Transfer to a lightly buttered 2-quart baking dish. Combine bread crumbs with melted butter and parsley flakes; sprinkle over the casserole.
Bake at 325° for 25 to 35 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Sprinkle with paprika before serving, if desired.
Serves 4 to 6.
More Macaroni and Cheese Recipes
Family Favorite Macaroni and Cheese
Macaroni and Cheese
Classic Baked Macaroni and Cheese
Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
Simple Macaroni and Cheese
Favorite Macaroni and Cheese
Campanelle and Havarti Bake