Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: Serves 4 to 6
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni (about 2 cups raw)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk, 2% is fine
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh chopped mixed herbs, or 2 teaspoons dried leaf herbs (thyme, sage, chives, etc.)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 ounces goat cheese with herbs or plain
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
Cook macaroni following package directions; drain, rinse, and set aside.
In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in flour until well blended and bubbly. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly; continue cooking and stirring until slightly thickened. Add the herbs, salt, and pepper, then stir in the goat cheese and Cheddar. Stir in about 3 ounces of the Parmesan cheese. Continue cooking and stirring until cheeses have melted. Stir in the drained macaroni and turn into the prepared baking dish.
Combine bread crumbs with melted butter and toss with the remaining Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle over the casserole.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until bubbly and nicely browned.
Serves 4 to 6.
Taco Cheeseburger Macaroni
Classic Baked Macaroni and Cheese
Family Favorite Macaroni and Cheese
Simple Macaroni and Cheese
Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
Andouille Mac 'n Cheese
Macaroni and Cheese with Bacon
Baked Macaroni and Cheese
Quick and Easy Nacho Macaroni and Cheese
Macaroni and Cheese Bake
Macaroni and Cheese With Sausage
Macaroni & Cheese with Ham
Macaroni and Cheese Recipes
22 Delicious Macaroni and Cheese Recipes