Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cook Time: 38 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: Serves 6
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups milk, 2% is fine
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh chopped mixed herbs, or 2 teaspoons dried leaf herbs (thyme, sage, chives, etc.)
- 1 package (5.2 ounces) Boursin cheese with garlic and herbs
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, about 2 ounces
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
Cook the macaroni in boiling salted water, following package directions. Drain and rinse; set aside. In a large saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium-low heat. Add the flour and stir until well blended and bubbly. Add salt and pepper, and the milk. Cook, stirring, until thickened. Add the herbs, boursin cheese, and Cheddar and Parmesan cheeses. Cook, stirring, until cheeses have melted. Stir in the drained macaroni. Spoon into the prepared baking dish.
In a cup, toss the bread crumbs with the melted butter and sprinkle over the casserole.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until macaroni and cheese is bubbly and topping is lightly browned.
You Might Also Like