- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 envelope onion soup mix, about 1/4 cup
- 3/4 cup water
- a few dashes hot pepper sauce
- 1 medium head lettuce, shredded, about 4 cups
- 1 cup shredded sharp Jack or Cheddar cheese
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 cups corn chips
- taco sauce
In a large bowl, combine shredded lettuce, shredded cheese, tomato, olives, and green bell pepper; toss. For each serving, place lettuce mixture on salad plate or bowl, top with some of the meat mixture and garnish taco salad with corn chops. Serve with taco salad with taco sauce.
This taco salad serves 4 to 6.
For homemade corn taco chips, cut corn tortillas into strips and fry briefly in hot oil and use as the garnish for taco salad.