Diced tomatoes add a little chunkiness to these tasty porcupine meatballs. Use packaged partially cooked rice (like Uncle Ben's Ready Rice) or minute rice if you're pressed for time.
Cook Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup cup water, divided
- 1/2 cup minute rice or cooked rice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons burger or steak seasoning mixture, or 1 scant teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can (approx. 10 1/2 ounces) tomato soup
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
Combine the ground beef, onion, parsley, 1/2 cup of water, the rice, and seasoning mixture or salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Form into large meatballs, about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Arrange in a shallow 2-quart baking dish. Combine the remaining ingredients and pour over the meatballs. Cover tightly with foil and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake for 25 minutes longer.